Friday, March 16, 2012

I did hug him! and Errands for Ethan!

I had a phone call from my sister yesterday telling me that her husband CLEARLY remembers me going to the car after Ethan and making him get out of the car to give me a hug on that Wednesday evening.  He remembered Ethan being a little embarrassed and saying, "Ahh, mommmm" and reluctantly giving me that hug.  I really have no recollection of this, but the way Creston said Ethan responded to me "making" him hug me was a classic Ethan response.  I am SO happy Creston remembers this.  It was one of those things I was kicking myself for NOT doing.  Now, I know I did it.  I can quit being so hard on myself.


This is me and Cynthia with Ethan.  Obviously, he was little.  But, dang adorable.  Aunt Cara, notice the couches??
Cynthia also let me know a few things Ethan did on the FRIDAY last year.  Friday, March 18, 2011.  Ethan played football with Creston for quite a while.  Ethan would love it if you would throw the football in directions where he'd have to dive for it. Any easy throw is not what he wanted.  He wanted to sacrifice his body for the catch. 

Creston and Cynthia kindly made fun of Ethan's spongebob pajamas (pictured on an earlier post).  He was still wearing them years later and they were highwaters.  Ethan did not understand what was wrong with them.  He loved those spongebob pajamas.


They were pictured in an earlier post, but I couldn't help myself.  I had to post another one.

I was reminded yesterday at the park about how Ethan did NOT know how to pump his legs for the swing until months before he died.  I used to be so annoyed by this.  I just wanted him to learn so I didn't have to push him anymore.  Well, of course, now I wish I could just stand there and push him.  Brady will benefit from this part because I will probably always push him on the swing now.

To end, I had my friend, Cortney, stop by the other day and she had a great idea we are going to incorporate.  On the anniversary of Ethan's death we want to do "Errands for Ethan."  We want all who would like to participate in his memory to do this :) "Errands" will be any random act of kindness you can think of.  If we all do one that day, it can spread all over.

Ethan loved a service, especially if it was secret.  If it was secret, it was all the more fun for him.  He loved making people happy.  But, secret or not, a service is awesome.

An LDS hymn has a line in it "The errand of angels is given to women....to cheer and to bless in humanity's name."  I love that line. It also includes men :) On March 26, 2011 Ethan became our angel.  We want to do some errands for this angel on March 26 every year.  And we'd love to hear what you end up doing if you choose to join us.  

My kids with their cousin, Camden (Cynthia's oldest).  Ethan loved playing with this kid!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you got that last hug and that Creston remembered so he could put your mind at ease. I am loving all these memories but it also just breaks my heart. No mother should have to recall the last week of her child's young life.

    I love the 'errands' idea! We'll come up with something good for FHE that night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wilson family is IN! We will celebrate your sweet Ethan's life with some great "errands." Thanks for sharing and providing the opportunity, Kim! Love you!

    ReplyDelete