Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wishing on a "star"

Here's my cute girl, again.  We still call her baby girl because she is the baby girl of the family and always will be   :)  (Note:  she is wearing a patriot football necklace that has inscribed on the back "team ethan" that we all wore for our family photos).  She is spoiled and we know it.  Plus, she is so adorable she gets whatever she wants from whoever she wants.  We're trying to nip that, but it has been almost six years (next week) in the making.
I share these fun facts about Madilyn because I need to preface the story with all of that.  Another fun fact :  she loves to wish on a star.  For almost a year now she has been wishing on a star for a new kitchen.  Now, she has a kitchen that is just fine.  However, her cousin, Camden, has the same kitchen in blue and it has, I think, ONE light that lights up.  That did it.  She needed a new kitchen that lights up.  Ahh!  She does LOVE her kitchen and plays with it daily. 
She learned the "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight.  I wish I may I wish I might have the wish I wish tonight."  For months she would go into our bedroom and use our window to wish upon a star.  I didn't think much of it until we were in her room one night and she wanted to wish upon a star.  I opened her blinds, but she still ran to our room.  I asked her to point to the star she was wishing on because I couldn't see one.  She pointed again and I realized she was wishing on the streetlight!  Yep, you can always see the streetlight on the street behind us nice and bright.  I guess it became her favorite "star".
Marcus and I laughed about this for awhile.  I then decided she was old enough to know it wasn't a star and I would try to get her to wish on the real thing.  So, I took her in the backyard and showed her the streetlight and let her know it wasn't a star.  I don't know why I wanted to do this, I just thought she should know.  Well, it didn't go over well.  She stood there staring at the streetlight and then ran into our bedroom.  There she insisted it was a star--not the streetlight we saw in the backyard.  There was no convincing.  Alas, she continues to wish upon her "star".  I think Santa is hearing her wish :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the beliefs of a child...it always helps my faith to grow, too. Thanks, Kim. Love you!

    ReplyDelete