Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Classic Ethan

I am blogging while my husband works on a project I started.  I can only get away with this because a friend came over to help him.  Thanks Coltin for the blogging time! 
I came across a cute story of Ethan as we cleaned our garage this past week.  We constantly clean the garage but this time I found an old journal.  I love that I took the time to write a few things about my kids even though I may not have been as consistent as I would have liked.
So here it is...
Ethan had been up since about 6:30 am.  He had begged me for two hours to call his cousin, Jacob to play.  Since it was only 8:30 in the morning I didn't want to bug Camie, Jacob's mom.  (According to the date in my journal Ethan was about 31/2).  Ethan kept begging and begging.  I finally showed him the clock in the dining room right above our piano.  I told him when the big hand got to the 12 I would call Camie.  I felt comfortable calling at 9 am. 
I left Ethan looking at the clock and went to feed Madilyn in the kitchen.  Next thing I know Ethan is shuffling around in the dining room.
I walked back in and Ethan had climbed on the piano and moved the big hand to the 12.  He exclaimed, "Mom!  The big hand is on the 12 can you call now?"
Well, he had a problem and he solved it.  So, I called (even though it was before 9).
Jacob came over and they played for three hours.  According to my journal they had a great time and he didn't need any other entertainment for the three hours Jacob was there.
I love my Ethan.  This story was definitely classic Ethan personality.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! Sounds like a little firecracker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and you are so right about Bryce and Ethan being so much alike because Bryce wouldve done something like that too...problem solvers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! that's classic. Cute boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great story, Kim. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete