Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Soccer Memory

I wrote this months ago, but since we had many moments of feeling like Ethan was with us this Christmas, I think it's appropriate to post :)

I love when Parker will laugh and help me remember stories about Ethan.  We were all watching Madilyn's soccer game the other day and Madilyn kicked it so hard at one point that Marcus asked, "Was that Madilyn?"  It reminded us of an Ethan kick. Parker then brought up the game where the coach told me he had to take Ethan out of the game.  He had to take him out because he would make a goal, they would reset the game.  He would get the ball again and make a goal.  They would reset the game, and he would do it again. This happened seven or eight times before the coach looked at me and said, "I need to take him out."  I was enjoying it so much, but understood :)  I used to wish for the days when he would play sports later in life because it is fun to watch when your kid is good.  Not that my other kids are not good at what they do, Ethan just was naturally gifted in this area of sports.  Soccer, specifically, can be hard to watch still.  Parker laughed and laughed about this game with Ethan.  He loved that his brother knew how to play and he always tried to make him better.

I have probably shared that story before, but it is still fun for me to write it down as Parker remembers things.  I love when Parker can remember his own memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment