Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I am not Sad

Not sure why I didn't share this one.  Glad I wrote it down.  I like to remember all these things.

Madilyn woke up this morning seemingly very sad.  I asked what was wrong and she said, "Nothing."  I asked why she was said and she said, "I am not sad."  I then asked her what the problem was and she said, "I had a dream."  Naturally, I asked her about her dream.  She said, "Mr. MacLay (her now 2nd grade teacher who was also Ethan's 2nd grade teacher who spoke at his funeral) was standing by the door. And, in my dream he had a brother who died.  So, when I went to my desk I was crying.  We were both crying because we were both sad about our brothers dying."  I hugged this girl tightly.  I told her it would be okay and she could play with the brother who was standing there begging her to (Brady, not Parker).  She ran off and was fine.

These are the moments that tear my heart out.  It is so sad to see how losing a brother effects my little girl.  I remember losing my little sister and having dreams for years that she came back alive.  I was the same age as Madilyn was when she lost Ethan.  I can understand it, but that is why it is so terribly hard to listen to.

1 comment:

  1. I love when you share these experiences. They break my heart, but they are so sweet. It sounds like both kids have been lucky to have Mr. Maclay as a teacher, he gave a fabulous talk at the funeral. Your kids are lucky to have you and your insight. Love you.

    ReplyDelete