Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hawaiin Haystacks and the dog park

L to R: Jacob, Ethan, Emma, Madilyn, Parker--Halloween 200??
This SUNDAY last year, Sunday, March 20, 2011, Ethan spent the day with cousins, Jacob and Emma.  Cynthia told me when she dropped them off Saturday evening Ethan RAN for Jacob, leaving his bags in the car.  She had to call him back to get his stuff because he was just too excited to see his cousin.  I know Ethan had the best weekend while we were gone because he spent it with some of his favorite people.  Cynthia also mentioned that Ethan had been more responsible and kind that weekend than she could remember before.

Camie, Jacob's mom, gave me a run-down of their day that day.  They took the kids (and the dogs) to the dog park.  We all know Ethan loved that!  Joel, Camie's husband, took the time to throw the football with Ethan and Jacob.  Ethan had a talent for throwing and I am sure spending his last day (of running around) doing some of his favorite things is what was needed.  Camie also served him pancakes for breakfast and Hawaiin Haystacks for dinner.  Those were the two most favorite meals he could have had.  Camie mentioned he did not just eat Hawaiin Haystacks, he devoured them.  It is one of our staple meals in our house.  I can't think of a better way for Ethan to have spent this day. Plus, Hawaiin Haystacks was his last meal.  Like I said, perfect day for Ethan. I know Camie wasn't thinking any of this at the time, but she really did do all the things Ethan loved.  How is that for being inspired?  Thanks Camie--and Thanks Cynthia for all the perfectness leading up to that day!  I never doubted he was in good hands.


Cynthia's oldest child, Camden in the front.  My three in the back (Parker, Ethan, Madilyn)

Camie came with Madilyn and Ethan to pick me up at the airport at 10 pm.  Ethan and Madilyn were both sleeping in the backseat.  When we got to the house they had to walk themselves in, being that I was six months pregnant and had suitcases :) Camie and I both noted that Ethan walked in a little wobbly, but we both took it that he was overly tired.  Not sure now, but it doesn't really matter.  Ethan walked to the couch and went back to sleep (the couch was the closest place to lie down).  I was going to leave Ethan on the couch, but something kept bothering me about it.  It was around 11:00 pm and I was tired knowing I had to be up and to school the next morning.  I decided to leave him on the couch, but I was prompted again to move him to his bed.  I am so happy I did this because then I got my hug!  I made Ethan give me the nighttime love I am used to.  It was weak, but he was tired so I just tucked him into his bed, kissed his little forhead and rubbed his gorgeous hair!  And we were off to bed.  A normal night.

As I look back on these precious moments, I realize how lucky I am to have had these last few moments with him.  I was home.  I was able to be there for him.  I hate that my husband and Parker were not around for this night, but I am grateful I could be.  I am grateful the happenings of early the next morning did not happen when we were BOTH gone.  I know Cynthia and Camie are happy for this too :)  The tender mercies of a loving Heavenly Father are too many to name.

I love my family and am grateful for each of them.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great sacrifice to have a wonderful little blessing. God is with you and the family Kim there is no doubt about it. You know little Ethan is watching down on you guys. He still loves you and he knows that you love him.

    ReplyDelete