Monday, March 12, 2012

For the love of sports!

Last year on this Monday we were starting Spring Break, just like we are today.  I didn't have many plans for my kiddos because we were all going separate directions on Thursday.  So, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were just hanging out days.  Hanging out with a pregnant mom doesn't constitute much physical activity.  However, we had fun! 

We spent this Monday, March 14 playing with cousins, Jacob and Emma.  It was like Christmas morning for Ethan every time Jacob got to come and play.  He absolutely loved his cousin, Jacob!  The same is true for Madilyn and Emma.  The four of them together was a very good time.  Jacob and Emma came to spend the day with us.  Ethan made quite a few videos on my phone this particular day.  I wish we could actually SEE Ethan on the videos, but you can really only hear him.  But, of course, any time I need some Ethan voice I go ahead and listen on my phone.  He and Jacob continued these videos throughout the day.  The one that is "weird" now is the one where they were all laughing about being dead. Strange.

We did spend time at the park.  Jacob didn't always love throwing the football with Ethan, so I stepped in this time.  I love thinking about those moments where I just threw the football with him.  He was so good at it!  I was always proud of Ethan and his talents.  We spent about 1/2 an hour playing football.  I then insisted he play a while with Jacob doing other things :)  Ethan hardly wanted to put the football down.

Ethan was a sports fanatic.  His favorite was soccer.  He loved playing soccer.  He would tell people he was the best kicker--and he was.  He always said he would be a kicker for the New England Patriots one day. He even clarified where New England was and said he'd be okay with the cold weather. I had just finished looking up where and when he could start football as a kid.  It HAD to be tackle according to Ethan.  He would've started the next fall.  I will say here that I am grateful he never played tackle (I was really nervous about this). 

Ethan's first year of soccer.

Here he is with his team.  His cousin, Jacob, is right next to him.

Ethan his second year.

Madilyn and Parker are carrying on the love of sports for us.  We have plenty of it going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment