Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It's Not About Me

I have struggled all week this year.  This third year seems to have been the toughest anniversary so far.  I have no clue as to why that is.  I just know we both have had a difficult time.  I share on my blog because I like people to know how I am truly feeling.  People ask me a lot, and if you catch me in public I will always say, "I am fine."  But, this blog actually is the true side of this long road of grief.  There are bumps and bruises all along the road, just like there are with all types of struggles.  I hope I have not made this week sound like it is "all about me."  It's not about me.  It's not about us.

Marcus and I were talking this morning as we were both working through tears that this day is about others.  We have very happy tears as we hear all the stories of "errands" today, and we have sad tears because it is a sad memory of watching our son leave this earth.  But, in the end, we want others to feel of the giving and others to feel the joy of receiving.  This does help this day become bearable.  As we do our acts of service, we do forget ourselves.  We forget for a moment that we have this sad story and are happy to share errands with others.

I forgot myself for a short time today as my good friend invited me to go along to do some of her Errands for Ethan. It was just an hour out of the day, but a good hour.  I needed this.  I needed a friend to be with, and I needed to be thinking about other people and whose day we could brighten.  However, I did cry in front of one lady.  She quickly got past her astonishment that I was actually giving her something randomly and asked what had happened to Ethan.  Most people don't seem to know how to respond to having something given to them, but she did.  She ended up hugging me and crying herself.  This was, of course, after she had stared at the gift certificate for QT and said "You're asking for money is that it?"  I responded, "No, I am giving it to you in memory of my son." That's when it clicked on for her.  Thanks for the hour today, Becky!

This life is not all about me.  It's about all of us being the best we can be. I live each day knowing I will see Ethan again and knowing I can live with my Heavenly Father again.  I live by thinking and helping others as much as I can.  I am not the best at this.  But, honestly I try. I want to serve so I can suffer less (our good Bishop says this).   I want to serve so I remember it is not all about me, and I can help others feel better.  I do not have a raw deal.  I have a wonderful, beautiful life that has handed me a few trials.  These trials I have literally been carried through.  I hope in a small way I can return to others what I have felt.


4 comments:

  1. Quite honestly, foreign exchange buying and selling is the act of purchasing and promoting currencies. That is the arena’s biggest economic market with a day by day turnover of $five trillion and it entails many people – and many currencies. Because you're usually buying one foreign money the use of any other foreign money, you trade ‘currency pairs’.
    forex signal provider

    ReplyDelete



  2. The foreign exchange (an acronym for "forex"), is the change of 1 forex into any other forex. Currencies aren't traded on an trade,however immediately among (crucial) banks, multinationals, governments and economic establishments. For the maximum part, the forex marketplace consists of hedging positions and strategies of national and worldwide multinational businesses. Think a agency has a settlement for the availability of goods, such as motors, inside the destiny. The cfo (leader monetary officer) of that business will shield himself from ability economic loss with the aid of hedging fluctuating alternate quotes. Hedging way protecting the threat of loss with the aid of destiny fluctuations of the change rate. That is because there is a length among the signing of the settlement and the real transport of the goods, in this case motors. It is hedging that brings massive quantities of cash to the foreign exchange marketplace.
    forex signal provider
    Forex signals

    ReplyDelete